substraTEE is a framework for Parity Substrate, allowing to call a custom state transition function (STF) inside a Trusted Execution Environment (TEE), namely an Intel SGX enclave thereby providing confidentiality and integrity. The enclaves operate on an encrypted state which can be read and written only by a set of provisioned and remote-attested enclaves.
What substraTEE aims to enable:
- confidential decentralized state transition functions
- private transactions
- private smart contracts
- off-chain confidential personal data records (GDPR)
- decentalized identity with selective disclosure
- subscription-based content delivery networks
- scalability by providing a 2nd layer to substrate-based blockchains
- off-chain smart contracts
- payment hubs
- trusted chain bridges
- trusted oracles
We also thank the teams at
- Parity Technologies for building substrate and supporting us during development.
- Teaclave's Rust-SGX-SDK for their very helpful support and contributions.